ITECHLAW JOURNAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
The next issue of the ITechLaw Journal will be published in September 2013. The deadline for submissions for the September issue is July 31, 2013. Please send your submissions in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Thank you for your interest in the ITechLaw Journal. Within this quarterly publication, ITechLaw publishes articles on a variety of technology law topics. Acceptance of articles depends on both the individual merits of the articles in terms of style and content and on the needs of the ITechLaw Journal at the time of review. Articles may be submitted at any time.
ITechLaw does not pay for articles. Articles appear online on the ITechLaw website, via downloadable PDF, and in member email digests. We do not make copyright registration on behalf of the authors, but we do carry a copyright notice in their names on the title pages of their articles. Alternatively, we note original copyright information where an article is reprinted from another copyrighted source. Authors are required to sign a copyright/release form.
To keep content timely, we do not permit review of page proofs by authors. Editing is usually limited to grammar, punctuation, and format. Scheduled publication dates may be moved up or back at the discretion of the editorial staff. Because of time constraints and quick turnaround, revisions by the author after an article is accepted are discouraged.
- Articles must be approximately 1500-2000 words;
- Articles must be in English;
- Use meaningful subtitles to break up text content;
- Write in short sentences and paragraphs;
- Express citations as endnotes instead of including them as part of the text;
- Limit endnotes to source and case citations, not for additional explanation or examples, which should be included in the text or eliminated;
- Include only the most important hyperlinks as endnotes and include an explanation for the inclusion of the hyperlink;
- Font should be Arial, 10-point.
Along with each submission, please include:
- A one to two sentence overview of the article;
- A one to two sentence biographical background of the author; and
- A photo of the author in .jpg format
- The signed copyright/release form
Please send submissions via e-mail in Microsoft Word to the ITechLaw Journal editors Gabriel Stern and Malavika Jayaram at email@example.com.