Founder and Managing Partner, Naomi Assia & Co.; Tel Aviv, Israel
Naomi Assia is the head of the Naomi Assia & Co. law offices and a pioneer of computer law practice in Israel. With more than 25 years of experience in the fields of Intellectual Property, Computer Law, Corporate and Commercial Law, Ms. Assia has represented a diverse collection of public and private companies including companies in the technology, software, financial and Insurance industries, both in Israel and in International transactions.
Ms Assia has a vast International experience representing large scale hi-tech transactions including distributions agreements, joint ventures agreements, localization, OEM, VAR and licenses agreements.
Her professional involvement includes:
- Chairperson, the Science & Technology Committee (affiliated with the Israeli Parliament)
- Local representative, Computer Law Association (www.cla.org) in Israel
- Board member, the Israeli branch for the Association Litteraire et Artistique International (ALAI)
- Member, the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI) and the International Trademark Association (INTA).
- Moderator, International conference of Privacy Law in Cambridge, July 2004
- Moderator, International conference of CLA in Amsterdam, November 2004
In the capacity of a Chairperson of committees, Ms. Assia has participated in the drafting of laws dealing with genetic cloning, protection of DNA information and organ transplants. Electronic signature 2001, computer acts 1995, amendment for Privacy law and for copyrights act. In 1988, she led the change in the copyright act including software in the act.
Ms. Assia is the author of numerous articles in the field of intellectual property, computer software and data protection which were published in various journals including.
Ms. Assia received her law degree from the Tel Aviv University School of Law (LL.B., 1977) and practiced law with a major law firm before the founding of Naomi Assia & Co. in 1987.