Partner, Corporate, Bennett Jones LLP; Toronto, Canada
Duncan Card chairs the IT Law practice at the Canadian law firm of Bennett Jones LLP. He is widely regarded as one of Canada's leading IT lawyers.
Mr. Card is a frequent author and speaker on topics related to technology law and transactions, and he has taught courses at Queen's University in Kingston and in the Graduate Law Program at York University.
Mr. Card has garnered numerous prestigious rankings and citations from such publications as:
- Lexpert Magazine and American Lawyer Media, Top 500 Lawyers in Canada,
- Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business in IT Law,
- “Leading” & “Highly Recommended” in the British publication: PLC Which Lawyer?,
- International Who's Who of Internet and E-Commerce Lawyers,
- Lawday's North America's Leading Lawyers,
- Euromoney's Guide to the World's Leading Technology Lawyers, and
- Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-border Corporate Lawyers in Canada.
Mr. Card’s education includes Queen's University, BA (Hons.), 1979 gold medalist; Queen's University, LLB, 1982, AS&K Scholar; Academy of International Law (The Hague), 1982; London School of Economics and Political Studies (UK), LLB, 1982, Rotary Scholar; and University of Toronto, LLM, 1987. He is called to the Ontario, Canada bar and Bermuda Islands bar.