2010 World Technology Law Conference & Annual Meeting
May 20–21, 2010 • Boston, Massachusetts, USA • The Charles Hotel
An Invitation from ITechLaw President Ursula Widmer
As President of ITechLaw, I am honored to invite you to join us in Boston, Massachusetts, on May 20-21, 2010 at The Charles Hotel in Cambridge for the year’s most thought-provoking technology law conference: The ITechLaw 2010 World Technology Law Conference and Annual Meeting.
You can expect a high-level, professional exchange of knowledge and skills related to technology law, which includes:
- More than 175 industry professionals from over 50 countries;
- 40+ renowned speakers providing in-depth presentations and contributed papers; and
- One-on-one discussions with your colleagues from around the globe during the many networking opportunities throughout the conference.
Legal Content You Should Not Miss
Industry leaders from around the globe will discuss the most critical issues in technology law, including:
- Green Tech and Emerging Technologies – From the Hows, Whys and Wherefores of Green IT to the mechanics and legal framework of a functioning North American carbon offset exchange and related deal structures;
- Contracting and Outsourcing – In-depth sessions on cloud computing, enforcement of open source software licenses and trends in outsourcing during a recession, as well as a look at recent cases including EDS v BSKyB, a UK landmark decision on how suppliers sell and contract for major outsourced IT solutions; and
- Current Internet Issues – In-house counsel perspective on the latest Internet issues, as well as a look at the Semantic Web, from an overview of key challenges to its technical and commercial possibilities.
The Power of Networking
Our annual conference offers even more than exceptional opportunities to learn from the best minds in the business. Perhaps equally important, you will form the personal connections and networks that are so critical to your technology law business. We encourage you to attend our special events, each of which offers a unique opportunity to meet colleagues face-to-face and renew industry friendships.
Please be sure to join us on Wednesday evening, May 19, when we begin the conference festivities at the Annual Welcome Reception taking place at The Charles Hotel. Following the first day’s conference program on Thursday, May 20, we also invite you to join your peers and enjoy the Gala Reception and Dinner, set amongst inventions and innovations in science and technology at the renowned MIT Museum. The Gala Reception and Dinner is frequently sold out prior to the conference, so we encourage you to book your ticket early for this elegant and exciting evening.
Please share this invitation with your colleagues so they too may benefit from what this conference will deliver: fresh, stimulating content; productive discussions with our industry’s best and brightest; and many enjoyable, memorable times.
I look forward to seeing you in Boston.
Dr. Ursula Widmer, President, ITechLaw